Saturday, July 31, 2010

What is the greatest advice you took that changed your life?

God is forgiving- PRAYWhat is the greatest advice you took that changed your life?
I don't think no matter what kind of advice you receive; you are not going to listen to that person until you are good and ready to listen. i think most of the advice has been from myself from trial and error. Yet, I can recall one thing my father always used to say, ';you can sleep when you get old'; and he would only say this if I were griping about how I couldn't go on with a certain project because it was too overwhelming for me and I needed a rest, or that I was just so tired from working 60 hrs a week and I needed to rest and to sleep, or I was just plain tired of life, or when I would tell him that I need sleep; I'm not getting enough; i'm calling in and taking the day off or quitting my job or whatever. Or, I would say, simply, I am tired and I need sleep. and to all of these he would respond:'; You can sleep when you get old'; Now I understand because I am 52 and he is 88 and up to the time he was 78; he would wake up at 4:30 am and be out on the tennis court by 5:50 am playing tennis; (he retired at age 62; the same age my mom retired) and NOW he retires at 9:30 pm and sleeps in in the morning til 10 am!!!! even though he would wake up at 4:30 am up till age 48 ; he would NEVER retire before midnight!! and NOW he goes to bed at 9:30p.m. and sleeps in half the morning -usually til 10am but sometimes my mom informs me he sleeps in until noon! so, I guess what my father was telling me was RIGHT ON THE MARK!!!!! I am 52 now and when I look back I realize he was right. That most of the time I was complaining about nothing. Also, I have two grown children and now if I want to I can sleep till noon. I am a widow and so I make my own house rules. Unless the dog forces me to get up at 10 cos she says she's hungry.What is the greatest advice you took that changed your life?
when i met my now fiancee i never wanted to have a baby-he taught me to believe in myself and taught me all the good things about it-we have a beautiful 5 month baby now-i was seriously considering getting sterilized before we got together
Don't give up just because you're done trying








please answer mine, need as many answers as possible


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiPEvTYrys_PI18KyGX7M43sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080606114847AAdpehY
Always plea insanity.


Advice from my dear old pappy.
be independent. don't be dependent on anyone for anything.
don't care what people say about you because when they are talking about you they are wishing they were like you
';The man who made time, he made time for everything';
idk......ummmm........i guess follow your dreams........follow the stars.......yea i like that........i should be a philosopher.......
DON'T eat the yellow snow
look both ways before you cross the street,saved my life
';That makes your butt look big girl!';
Put your faith in God!
when the judge said '; time served and dont let me see you in this courtroom again';....
Leave him.

No comments:

Post a Comment