Saturday, July 31, 2010

My parents keep telling me to see this guy to give me advice on what to do with my life etc etc???

my parents, being the pushers and worriers that they are, keep bugging me to sit down with this free lance academic advisor sort of guy so that he can ';help give me some direction on what career i should pursue, and what classes i shuld take for the remainder of college (i'm 21 now, a junior). i used to go to this guy a few years back when i was in high school and i must admit for the sats and tutoring and such he was somewhat helpful, but it's like i always tell them i don't need to sit down with someone so that they can tell me where they think i should go with my life. i'd like to think i can figure that out on my own, plus i already have my major and know what classes i have to take etc so it's not like they need to pay some guy 70 bucks an hour so he can tell me i should be a lawyer or something like that. pathetic really isn't itMy parents keep telling me to see this guy to give me advice on what to do with my life etc etc???
Now, that sounds like a great job. How does one get in on that crazy train?


Seriously, the more information, the more people you talk to the better. Ultimately the decision is yours, but it would be in your best interest to get as much information as possilbe more making that decision.


You sound like a very independant person. That's a good thing. But don't run into a crowd of angry bulls blindfolded. The world is a dangerous enough place without making important decisions completely on your own.My parents keep telling me to see this guy to give me advice on what to do with my life etc etc???
EV, you seem to have your head firmly on your shoulders, so I quite agree with you that it is pathetic.





Whatever decisions you eventually make will determine the rest of your life, barring any further changes along the way, so to my mind, you are the only one who should have that prerogative.





Please stand your ground. YOU have to live with the results!
Tell them all you've got a plan and are working on achieving your own goals.





Then go about achieving them on your own schedule, without anyone else's help if you don't want it.
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment