Thursday, July 29, 2010

I have no idea what to do with my life...Please, I need advice!!?

I am almost 21 years old, I dropped out of high school at 17 but got my GED when i was 19. I have a 3 year old little girl and she is my world, I would do anything for her. I really would like to go to college but have NO idea what to go for. Im so confused. I WANT A CAREER!!...I want something im happy with and i can live comfortably doing. I just dont want to struggle anymore. I feel so stupid. I dont want to just go to school and decide when i get there. I feel like Im running out of time. Im just so afraid of making a mistake....I have no idea what to do with my life...Please, I need advice!!?
You feel the same way many people who are in college and didn't drop out of high school. You should go to your local library and look into careers that interest you and pay the bills. Try to find a balance between you love and what gets food on the table. For example- If you're curious about anthropology, read up on books about the subject. Rent some documentaries. Find an online magazine about issues regarding the field.





Don't panic. You are still very young and have a lot of doors open for you. You just have to know where to look. Have some patience. Your life is not over. Don't feel rushed. You will be okay if you take the time to figure things out.I have no idea what to do with my life...Please, I need advice!!?
First of all, you have tons of time to decide what you wanna do with your life and when to go to college. The fact that you care is enough. As for finding your passion, not the most original statement, but here it is: what do you like to do? what's your passion? What's a dream career you've wanted when you were little? What's your skills?





You could also find a program at a community college that helps you find your interests and match that up with a major and a career. That's what I did, and it helped tons. Good luck, and remember it's never too late.





VIVA LA RAZA!
Enroll in a community college. There is no way for us to give you any suggestions with the information you provide, What are your hobbies, what do you like to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment