Thursday, July 29, 2010

A little bit of advice about a huge life decision?

I need some advice on life if you've got a moment. I'm in my senior year of high school and it is the time that people are applying to colleges. I have great grades and would most likely have no problem getting into any college of my choice, but I just don't think that's what I want/need right now. I want to leave here and go and see the world for a while. I just don't see why I shouldn't live life to the fullest while i've got the chance. I do fully intend to go to college, I'm just not sure that now is the right time. But how do I even start to bring this up with my parents? And is it a good idea at all? Any advice or personal experience that you could share with me would be greatly appreciated. ThanksA little bit of advice about a huge life decision?
Do you have the option to defer your studies for 12 months? If you go to college and you are not 100% committed, you are less likely to succeed, but I do think you need to give yourself a time-frame for going back. Your parents might be more understanding too if its only for a short period of time.





I definitely think it is a good idea, it is quite common in Australia for students to defer, and go backpacking over to the U.K %26amp;Europe. Get a work visa, and you can pay your own way.A little bit of advice about a huge life decision?
If your parents are going to help fiance your tuition it might be a thought that you should stick in there. But I feel that getting a taste of life and seeing the world will help you later in college. I found that I needed that to be more serious in academic studies later and I did well. You might decide to change your major because of awareness through your experiences.
You can always save college for later.





As long as you're travelling the world on your own dime, then you have nothing to fear from your parents. They may not approve of your decision, but it is YOUR decision.





Best of luck to you. I recommend seeing Adak Island, Alaska. You will not believe such a place exists. Wonderful.
I said the same thing in 1979 and still haven't returned. It is harder to get back to school the longer you are away, but if you do take time off do not forget to eventually return and finish your studies they are important
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment