Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice about changing my life?

Well my house more so, but it feels like my life!!! I live in a nice area, have a nice house with my 3 children. The thing is, my ex refuses to let me get on with living my life in this house. I feel really sorry for him because it was once our family home and although he has left it, it pains him to see me moving on without him. He still comes in, makes himself totally at home and I let him because I don't want the children to see us argue.. I wonder if I moved to another house, locally, that it might be easier on him when he comes to visit our children. It would be my house and no sore memories for him.Advice about changing my life?
Interesting question and a very common situation. I think your assessment of the situation is very perceptive and no doubt accurate.


I do believe it will solve the situation providing you tactfully make sure your ex is not involved in anything connected with the move.


Without wishing to sound patronising, I find it very refreshing to read about a person who is trying to take into account the best interests of everyone involved instead of the selfish, vindictive approach we so often read about here.


I hope this works out for you, good luck.Advice about changing my life?
Good idea, sounds perfect fresh start for all. He won't be able to come into your home and make himself too comfortable, gives you a bit of power and esteem back to being your own person. go for it.
The problem isn't where you live, the problem is that you haven't changed the locks and he still has a key.
I am doing very similar to what youb have described... I think it is definitely the best thing all round. Hope you are happy
to me it sounds more like he wants to carry on playing happy families. so only move house if youre 100% sure about doingit. it might not change him though
If you and your kids are comfortable where you are I wouldn't move. I would meet him at the door if he is coming to pick up the kids. You should make it known to him that this is no longer his residence and you would appreciate it if he treated it that way. If all else fail, pick a public meeting spot such as a park, library etc. Its not fair to relocate your family because he stills come over and put his feet on the table and rumble through the fridge.
I would NOT move, and completely disrupt the kid's lives. He is the one that left. Sit down and tell him that he can not come in, and make himself at home, like he used to.....it's YOUR home now, not his! Good Luck!
If you and your children are happy there and the only problem is his visits,I would address that problem before you take on the upheaval of a move.
hello its never easy when kids are involed moving is a huge expense and can be so stressful for you and your kids, if you want to move for yourself then great move, however if you are moving to prove a point then I would sit down with your ex and tell him straight this is how it was and this is how it will be. good luck.
He apparently is in denial. If you are no longer married, do whatever you want to do in your house; don't let him dictate to you. If he tries to argue, just walk away from him. Maybe you could arrange for him to visit the kids at another place.


Move only if you really want to.
If I was you I would move, just to prove that I have moved on. it will be easier for all of you the children the most. To me it sounds as if things have not changed. Hope you find a solution

No comments:

Post a Comment