Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can someone please give me advice on my social life?

For a while I was depressed and recently I've acquired this new motivation for life and school. I really want to live my life to the fullest, but there is one thing that is stopping me and that is my social life. I do have some friends at school but I feel like I don't relate to them and they tend to be very flaky. Like I'll try to arrange plans with them but it's just such a big deal for them to see if they aren't busy and give me a straight yes or no answer. For example, a week ago my friends said they want to go the The Haunted Hotel this weekend and I've asked them so many times if and when we are going. It should'nt take this long to get a straight answer! But I guess they have just oh so busy lives that they just can't do that! There have been a couple occassions where I showed up at a place we are supossed to meet at and they don't show up and don't even bother calling me. My mom thinks I have a social issue because this sort of thing has happened a lot and when I try to explain that I just can't find someone I can relate to and that it isn't my fault she doesn't believe me! But yes, it is the truth. I feel like I'm wasting my childhood away and that I'm going to go back to depression.Can someone please give me advice on my social life?
your freinds are toking up too much and forget they are supposed to meet you or just don't care cuz their stoned!Can someone please give me advice on my social life?
Don't give in! :(


First of all, the friends you have now sound very... I guess un-loyal. A good friendship consists of being able to communicate and looking after each other's backs. I suggest you get new friends who will more than optimistic to include you in their activities. They don't necessarily have to be popular.
find some friends you can be yourself around.....


no point in trying to please other people if all it's gonna do is make you miserable
try looking for new friends you can compare to
jus find new friends and try to talk more and be funny
Let me start by saying that being a girl at your age is a total pain! I used to be there, and my daughter is 14 now and goes through the same stuff!!! Also know that girls are catty. They will probably never change.


This doesnt mean there is a problem with you. it could be a number of things. jealousy, hanging with people who cant seem to have more than one friend, etc.


This is what i finally told my daughter, and believe me, it is 100% true.


Right now, in your life, you need to focus on your family, and your future. These are the two most important things right now. Friends will come and go, in and out of your life......but family will ALWAYS be there, and the choices you make now, will predict your future.


step #2...if you put these things first, other people will think you are amazing! Friends will come to YOU! You will have confidence, and you will be happy, and these 2 things attract others. Its fun to have friends.....but they are not everything. Trust me....work on yourself first, and the best will follow. Dont give up!
Unfortunately, the pestering may get on said friends nerves. None the less, it is unforgivable that they flake on you like that. I say it's time to get new friends.





If that is not an option, try this simple trick: call your friends when they are home. That way you can ask them to ask their parents for permission at that moment. What I've learned is that once parents are involved, kids suddenly become more dependable.
nope ur fine some people are the way they are im they same way but at some point we will reach that social peak you will find good friends if not now later because we are young and confined. but its a huge world out there and when school is all done you can go explore and meet tons of new people and we have no limits then so yea but if you need a friend or just someone to talk to every now and the i will be here for you
Aww. =( I know how you feel somewhat. My best friend who really does care about me is sooo busy. I haven't seen her in months and we can barely talk. She feels really bad about it, but she can't really help it.


So your friends' excuses might be legit sometimes. On the other hand, having them stand you up and be flaky isn't acceptable.


You aren't the problem here; it's them. Honestly, you deserve a better group of friends. It'll be hard if you've gone to the same school for a while and people already have their friends, but try going to a youth group or somewhere new where you can meet new people. It's amazing how many kind people there are if you find a really good youth group. Chances are you can find a good, quality friend there. =)


It takes time; you can't just pick up a best friend in one day. But even some of the people you'd never think you can grow close to--it can happen, and it does a lot of times.


I'll definitely be praying for you. Never give up hope. %26lt;3
It sounds like you just needs to cut the loose ends with your friends. Nobody needs friends that leave them hanging and don't hold up their word. I do things with and for my friends that I would rather not, but since I'm a good, loyal, and respectful friend I do those things anyways. They are showing you disrespect by acting this way so I would call them out, but if you aren't up to voicing your opinion to your friends in a negative way then I would suggest finding some new friends.


When I was in highschool I made most of my friends from a generalized comment towards them.


ex.: one of my best friends for the past 7 years started our friendship by asking if I skateboarded because I was wearing Etnies and an Independent shirt. We started a conversation about skateboarding and we went that evening to skate with a bunch of other guys that he was already friends with. Soon afterwards I wasn't only friends with him, but all of his friends as well.


If you see someone reading a book that you've read then make a comment to them and suggest something else you've read. If you see someone struggling with their homework then ask them if they would like any help...


You should pick your friends based on their initial sincerety, not because of the activity that they're engaged in at the moment. It doesn't make someone your friend if you go to parties and drink with them, it's the downtimes that creates friendship.


I became great friends with this guy that I got into a fight with about 2 years ago and I would do anything for the guy... both of our fathers died when we were 16 and we're only a couple months apart in age so both of us always have console in our bad times.


It's uncanny how you'll become best friends with people that you've never expect. You see the people that are labeled as ';losers';, but in actuality they could be the most loyal, truthful, respectful, and most sincere person that you've met.





Like I said, I would try to make new friends because obviously the ones you have now are just considered ';aquaintances'; by my standards, not true friends.





But something like this shouldn't send you into a downward spiral into depressioin at such a young age. I went through a hard time when I was 16 because my father, grandfather, step-grandfather, and great-grandmother all died within 3 months. I turned to alcohol and drugs for over a year I was stoned and drunk out of my mind all day, every day. And I always hated it when soemone would tell me to go to church and that nonsense, but in the end I had great friends that helped me through my hard times, not my family.


Just be patient and I'm sure that everything that's bothering you will pan out, this isn't serious enough to ruin your life at such a young age.





Take a deep breath and dump those ';friends'; of yours, it'll suck at first but it's like a bandaid, you know it's going to hurt but if you get it done fast enough then you realize it was no big deal in the first place. If you've been clinically depressed before then this is the last thing you need stressing you out...





Hope this helps!





if you have any questions then don't hesitate to e-mail me!





ps - try playing some sports or something where you can meet people, and if you're not interested in any school activities/sports, then pick up a martial arts class or something...
well, some people are like that. It definitely sounds like an avoidance situation, and in that case you should try and find some different friends. It can be hard, but the best way to find people to hand out with is to join after school activities and clubs. For instance, if you like theater even a little, you should go join the theater crew. Even if you dont have a lot of fun doing the actual theater part of it, you still meet plenty of people and have lots of fun. If you dont like performing, then you can join the lights crew or costume crew... there are places for everyone.





I would just suggest getting as involved in leadership or sports or clubs as you can, because doing such exposes you to all different sorts of people and you make plenty of new friends. Just try to be accepting of everyone and treat them with respect and patience and they will do the same for you. If they dont, then they probably aren't the people you want to be hanging around with anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment