Thursday, July 29, 2010

Question involving a dissolved marriage, the love of my life and Iraq. Any advice?

I've been married to my husband for almost two years. I've been unhappy and the only one trying nearly the entire time. We will be separating in January when I can go home to my family 5 states away. There has been a severe lack of intellectual stimulation throughout, and he's been violent at times. I've been cheated on and lied to. One of my friends from highschool got stationed here, and after spending some time together he told me he's in love with me and wants to do everything he can to make sure things get better for me. This friend knows me better than almost anyone, while my husband I'm separating can't even remember I'm lactose intolerant. I honestly feel that my friend is my soulmate. He left yesterday for Iraq and will be gone 15 months. In the meantime I'm having to rebuild my life from scratch, but when he gets back he wants us to be together. My question is what are the chances I'm feeling like this just because I'm running from an abusive marriage? Please help.Question involving a dissolved marriage, the love of my life and Iraq. Any advice?
YOU ARE VULNERABLE NOW, YOU ARE.





Ivy, getting out of that hell of a marriage is good for you, but RUSHING into another engagement could be of grave consequences. No matter how long you had known your friend in high school, it was in the past; he knows you better than anyone else as you claimed, but how much of him do you know NOW? My dear, you aren't emotionally and psychologically fit to make the RIGHT choice of a life partner in your present situation NOW.





Please, get off the cage of a marriage you are now, take your time to be stable emotionally and psychologically; make friends, but don't start a relationship yet. Because, facts have proven that relationships built as a solace when heartbroken are often a fiasco. They don't satnd the test time, they are often short-termed; so, be wise my dear.





You need to build a genuine friendship for nothing less than six months or a year before you could start a relationship. Not friendship or relationship in ABSCENTIAL. And I tell you, it will be difficult for you to make the wrong choice then because you'll have been much stronger. Be wise my dear,YOU ARE VERY VULNERABLE NOW.





On the whole, pray hard before taking your next step, it could MAR or MAKE your marital status for a lifetime.Question involving a dissolved marriage, the love of my life and Iraq. Any advice?
1st run from the abuse!!!! Second take the 15 months seriously and rebuild yourself and keep in touch w/this friend the 15 months may help you realize what you really want is right in front of you or maybe not---GOOD LUCK =)
If you're not happy and are being abused, then move on. Perhaps while he is away, it is the best time to do so, if you two can't do it in a civil manner.





I'd be careful on getting into a rebound relationship. While it sucks to be alone, be careful how you approach your new man. You make your husband sound like a big jerk and the new guy ';perfect.'; Remember, something attracted you to your husband in the first place. It may be gone, and you want to move on, but is this new guy the knight in shining armor you make him out to be?





While it's nice to follow your heart, be sure to think with your head.





If you want the disso, then get it, but move slow before you jump into a new relationship. If the new guy is really into you (and is not just about getting into your pants), then he will be willing to give you time and space to get over your current situation first.
15 Months will be a good test! Get out now and get yourself healthy in those 15 months!
it looks like your mind is made up to leave your husband in January ... and with your friend away for 15 months id say use that time to find yourself and what you want out of life , its sad to see a marriage end but if you have tried everything to make it work but it still hasnt ... then take a deep breath and move on ... abuse is a very bad thing to have to deal with , but dont let your friend become a crutch , get out in the world and decide what you want to do , rather it be get a job in a field that you like or go back to school ... take time for you and if you want write back and forth to your friend but you may need to tell him you are not ready for commitment so soon after leaving your husband ... give yourself time to heal after the divorce before jumping into another relationship ... good luck .
You'll know if it's meant to be in 15 months. Take it slow and don't jump into a serious relationship right away. Everyone seems to rush into marriage these days and in the end it pays to wait.
Spend the 15 months he is gone getting your life straightened out and getting yourself on your feet. Definately file for divorce as soon as possible.





Keep in close touch with your friend. When he comes back to the U.S., try dating and see where it goes.





Yes, you could be feeling this way due to rebound. However, it could also be the real thing. I had a miserable first marriage when I was 19 because I had dated him since 16 and we had a child together. I thought getting married was the right thing to do at the time. By the time I was 24, I knew it was over and I wanted out. I met a wonderful guy and we just clicked. I finally left my ex, got divorced and married my Mr. Right. We've been together for nearly 8 years and married for nearly 6 of those years.





I worried it might be rebound, but it turns out that I had just gotten lucky enough to find my perfect mate.
the bad marriage has a little to do with it. you like feeling appreciated and respected. Something you haven't felt in a long time. Just take things slow and you will know for sure how you really feel after him being gone for 15 months. Plus that gives you time to focus on you. be strong and don't worry. God has a plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment