Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need some advice with my social life..?

well, I just came here in US last june from Philippines. I had a bunch of friends back in Philippines and i've been with them for 14 years... I'm 17, and im in the middle of adjustment. Yes, I made friends but i don't have one in some of my classes. And I want to make more friends so I can make my School Life more enjoyable. But Im finding it hard to make new ones because honestly, we don't have similarities. I'm from another country and yeah, it's really different. They already have fixed groups and I'm too shy to suddenly barge in. What will I do?I need some advice with my social life..?
You have to be patient. In the meantime find clubs and groups to join so you naturally start friendships over something you enjoy, such as music clubs or dance lessons. You will make friends this way that have something in common with you and it won't feel forced. It's especially hard being the new kid on the block, people aren't always that kind so be nice to yourself, understand what is happening and work around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment