Thursday, July 29, 2010

Could I get some advice about education and life?

Im turning 18 in a little over a week and will be forced to move out on my own. I was a little trouble maker up until my last 2 months of my jounior year in high school. I now want to be something in life. But it seems like its too late. My GPA is only a 1.5, I failed fourth grade years ago so I still have to finish my senior year of high school, I dont have any where near the correct amount of credits.


So, I found Job Corps and then I found out my familys income is just a bit too high to get in.


And my mom's kicking me out when I turn 18.


Im so stuck and dont know what to do.


Are there any other places like Job Corps out there maybe?





Any advice?


Please and thank you.Could I get some advice about education and life?
I would suggest trying to finish high school somehow. Get a job and ask your mom if you can pay rent or a utility in order to stay in the house until you can graduate. Speak to your counselor at school, see if there are other avenues for you. If Job Corp is something you really want to do perhaps after you have turned 18 they can take you since you said your family is kicking you out and will no longer be supporting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment