Saturday, July 31, 2010

My External Hard Drive Start Producing Clicking Sound - All My Projects/Workshops/My Life are in There -Advice?

I think external harddrive are not very reliable since one day it won't work and you'll alot of data. I'm thinking for a better solution, i'm thought to join livedrive.com and put all my hardrive folders/files in their server and use it as my main storage device (its remote storage device). If i want something offline, i will just copy the file into my USB.





Do you think this is a good solution, or shall i just buy new external hardrive?My External Hard Drive Start Producing Clicking Sound - All My Projects/Workshops/My Life are in There -Advice?
It is a good solution. Mobile me, and live-mail both offer you online space as well, geek squad @ best buy also offers online backup. The nice thing about cloud storage is you don't have to carry thumb drives about if you have internet access where ever you are going. You can never bee to safe so use an online service you trust. I don't know much about live drive but research it before you put your personal data on it. mobile me is from apple. live mail is from Microsoft and geek squad is from Best Buy. Back up often!


You need a new hard drive if its clicking. Tell tale sign its time is almost come.

No comments:

Post a Comment