Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am really lost in life...Please give me some helful advice..?

I am a 22 year old male who is really lost on where to set my heart on life. I am currently attending a university that I really have no passion for, and studying a major that is not that much of a interest to me...I know that sounds very stupid...but I've been living under my parent's roof for the last 22years and it is really hard to say what I want to do to them because they'll get extremely disappointed with me. I grew up under a overprotective mother who loves me..but she and I don't get along very well as I grow older. I want to take a break and think about what I want to do with my life...i'm just really confused...I wish i could just run away from all of this...I feel like a loser...not taking any action for myself, and lately i don't feel like talking to anybody....If anybody could give me some sincere adive. I will appreciate it very much.I am really lost in life...Please give me some helful advice..?
After many years of working for a living I have come to this conclusion. Even though I enjoy my career, now it is only a means to support my hobbies.





Work and careers are fine. However in life you may as well enjoy it, within means of course. Find a fun hobby, try a few to see what you like. Meet people - do things. Travel.





Work to support your hobbies and you will enjoy life a lot more in the end. Why spend 45 years working toward retirement so you can ';enjoy'; your time. Save for retirement, work for today in a field you will have some fun in - even if you are not the best in it.





Interest in your major is lacking, so finish it and use it as a springboard to another field career. Maybe one of your hobbies can lead to a career? Here are a few ';hobbies'; that have wide reaching travel and job expansion --- Suba diver, Photography, Peace Corp worker, Skydiver, tomb raider, there are a lot more depending on what you like to do.I am really lost in life...Please give me some helful advice..?
try and explaining this to your parents. let them know how unhappy you are. if they are still disappointed after a ';heart-to-heart'; maybe youshould take a break from school and go find yourself.





go do something that you wouldn't normally do, go check out the world...HAVE FUN!
Do what I'm planning on doing. Move to Thailand to be a monk.
Well, you're already a grown up and your confusion takes place in the over protection you get from your parents. Let me tell you that I was in your shoes about 10 years ago, and it wasn't a quite comfortable situation.





The first thing you have to do is to get a job. REALLY... that simple action will start to open your eyes to the real life; its a good start and you'll start to be economically independent of your parents. This brings the fact that you won't have to beg anymore for money and you'll make your own decisions.





Try to be as busy as you can, don't waste your time watching TV or playing video games, and by the way, have a lot of girlfriends but don't get caught sentimentally by any of them.





READ. When you are in high school this might be the most boring thing ever, but right now, visit a book store near you and get a book that gets your attention.





You feel lost because you are an adult by now and you need your independence. Your mother will fight you for this, but mothers don't understand easily the fact that you are not anymore the baby that needs all the attention. You need to start building your own life. Let your destiny be yours, not anyone else's.





If you are healthy, believe me, you have a tremendous power in your hands. Just be, what you want to be, and not what others want you to be. Act.
Get a job, and move out of your parent's house. Take a break for a semester and figure out what you want to do with your life.
Hi there,


I really sympathize with your situation. There is no point in attending university and wasting money if your not enjoying it. You need to gain independence by firstly moving out of your parents home.


Then you should maybe go travelling, money is usually a problem with uni students so their are alot of travelling jobs, especially on cruise ships, which you work on and you get to sleep ion them and travel all around the world, same with a working holiday in hotels!





Sometimes you have to be a little bit selfish and do whats best for you. Tell your parents that you need to discover what you want out of life and you need to gain some independence and prespective. They might not initally been too keen on the idea, but I'm sure they know how you feel deep down, they were also 22 once!!





So go on a working holiday, earn some cash, have some fun and think about what you wanna do with things.


Some things you have to learn on your own, and you can't learn them from your parents!





Hope this helps :)
Im 22 too, and i have this like feeling im having a ';almost mid 20s crisis'; too. I find for me, i try to look at what really matters to me. Sometimes its giving advice on here, and i think about becoming a counsellor someday. Sometimes i think about children in africa and thinking about what i could do to help them. When i focus on others, my life isnt so bad. Thats something that makes me feel alive. Try to look back and see what made you happy then, the little dreams you may have had as a child may not be so unrealistic. Hope that helps you out. And i hope you find the hope your looking for. ~ Sheky ~
chin up, man!


i did 1 yr of college after h.s.


didn't work for me


moved back home till i found a friend to crash with


found a crappy job (fastfood)


just to pay my way


and by 22


i had a better job


my own place


and a beautiful girlfriend


things kept getting better


and after 15 years of waiting till i was ready


i'm putting myself through school


doing what I want for ME


and not mom and pop


they are proud of me now


but that's not what i'm looking for


i felt like a loser (depressed, drunk and suicidal)


for too many years


take your time


occupy yourself with work


research whatever fancies you


when you're ready, you'll know
i know how u feel. do whatever makes you happy. whatever u like to do then do it. its better to do something u like to do then to get paid more for something u dont
Move out. Get a part-time job. Fill out the neccessary paperwork to take some time off school. Find your self. Spend time with your friends. Go to some places you haven't gotten the chance to see before. Go back to school when you are ready. Switch to a major you like. Get the job you really want. If your parents really love you, they will let you figure out your life and hopefully support you along the way. I don't know your metro area but plent of people rent out rooms and understand the student situation. I hope this all helps.
i really feel for you. one thing that you need to keep in mind is that sometimes life rushes us too fast when all we need is to slow down and appreciate life and all that it has to offer us. you have gifts, believe me. you have passions. you just don't know exactly what they are yet. you will find them with growing up and learning from your experiences. i got my first 'real' job when i was 29 years old . . . no kidding. at 22, i was broke, chasing girls and partying, and not working much, and my mom was my worst enemy . . . but i needed that to happen to me in order to learn more about life . . . and today i am in my mid 30's and super successful. it takes a while to figure it out, but you'll get there. just don't get hooked up with the 'wrong' crowd. be strong and try to think about all the things that you are good at (one of these talents will translate to a great career). . . you will find your passion and your life will improve with each day. you are soooo young . . . take the time to enjoy and learn about life. you can't teach experience and that's exactly what you need. . . .
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment