Saturday, July 31, 2010

19 year old confused about what to do with his life ? I need some advice ?

What is there to do for a high school graduate who's currently in his first year of college, and wants to move on and find something else to do ?





I thought about joining the Army, however I dunno, when I first started college a few months ago, I expected it to be different than what I'm currently doing now.





I'm currently taking Law and Security, it's a 2 year program and I'm just about done the first semesters, so basically If I stay I'd have three (3) more terms to complete. However I'm really thinking about finishing this first semester and moving on to other things.





I'm sure I'd be able to get by in life with just a High School diploma, and later on in life perhaps I'll change my mind and go back to school. By the way I'm only 19 and have no idea what I want to do with my life. It's still undecided, and I'm sure I'm not the only one whom feels this way.





Anyway, what's out there for a high school graduate ? I want to be happy and I want to enjoy what I'm doing, money is important however I'm not expecting to make tons of money with my current education, but I just want to find a full time job working somewhere and being happy, I've only got myself to support, so it's not as bad.








Your thoughts and or opinions ?





Thanks for putting up with this whining If you will :D








Best








Jordan19 year old confused about what to do with his life ? I need some advice ?
Don't shut open doors.





Look, you don't know what you want to do. This is going to be a horrible job market. This isn't the time for you to drop out.





Like someone mentioned, take an aptitude test -- do another major, transfer schools, etc.





As long as you're taking core classes, you don't need to know exactly where you're going. The point is, you're still going forward... still preparing yourself to graduate with a college degree.19 year old confused about what to do with his life ? I need some advice ?
Go to your counselor and take a career aptitude test. It might help. Otherwise I suggest looking at your hobbies and see if there is anyway you can get training in some area related to them. In all honesty, most people have no idea what they want to be when they grow up until after they're about 25. That really seems to be the age most people know themselves.
If you wanted to do something where you could travel as you figure out what it is you want to do with the rest of your life, you could join the Peace Corps or maybe get your CDL and drive a truck...you could explore new places and maybe clear your head...it might help you decide what you really want
take a year off and chill you passed highschool you deserve it
I believe in doing what makes you happy. If you are not sure about what you want to do in life: why not take a gap year.





I dont know anything about your believe system but if you are maybe a Christian, you could consider something like Pneumatix. They are a South African bases group where you can obtain a LOAD of experience in many fields of work. The courses range from 1 to 3 years and they do accept international students. Even if you are not interested, go and look at this site





www.pnxglobal.com/





There are even promo videos you can watch.





Many of these people had NO IDEA where to go after school. This is a way to get training, experience a different part of the world and figure out what you want to do in life.





Like I said: I dont know you well enough to advise you on your future, but maybe just take a look. Or maybe someone else you know could use this information.





I hope you find what you are looking for





Blessings :)


Chanel












people born in 1987 need to apply their minds more positively





u seem to love ur mom most ask her she knows


MOTHERS鈥?LOVE





A mother鈥檚 love is boundless,


It鈥檚 only a mother who can love dauntless.


Well no child can ever repay her love


in any way, even through lovely poetry.


For that reason alone friends I feel sorry,





I would love to praise all and anyone,


Who on mothers鈥?love, life have begun?


All I know that moms always know,


What is best for ones very own progeny?





I do hope all will remember


Moms are for ever,


A gift of God,


To all siblings,


Even though not equally.





鈥樷€橵ISION THE POET鈥欌€?
well, when i was your age (9 years ago) my mom told me before i graduated high school that i didnt have to go to college... trying to figure out what you want to do with your life at such and early age can sometimes be difficult and really isnt for every 18/19 year old... i chose to go anyway, thought i knew what i wanted.. in 2001, i quit after 2 years... i had gotten a job promotion to general manager of the fine dining restaurant i had been working at and figured, i dont need school to do this, plus i dont have time anymore... (was majoring in hospitality management). well, eventually i left that job because my superior was an idiot, and ya know what - all my years and years of experience in the service industry does SQUAT for me now... i cant get a real job... sure, i can go manage at a big retail store and things like that, but if i had a degree, any degree, i could be an executive at that store, but w/o it, i could never advance.. things arent the way they used to be... in 2001, it was possible to get somewhere w/o going to college.. it might have taken longer, but it was possible.. now, its much much much harder to do anything other then a low paying retail job... if you have even an associates degree, it opens up many more doors.. and it doesnt matter what the degree is in, it could be liberal arts for all they care... but at last you have it, and it does make a difference... id say stick it out, get at least the associates, then think about the army or what not... you will have more options then a person like me, with a high school diploma, and 2 years of college that no one cares about...
My friend Allie and i think you should join t he Navy so you could work at NCIS. but i thought u wanted to be a cop? yes, i remember that question. being a cop is a cool job. (Allie says NCIS is cooler, pfft!) it enables you to help out. people look up to cops as a role model. but it is entirely up to you. Follow your heart. Dont stray from the path that is right for you. and good luck!





and me and Matt are fine, but he can fill you in on what i've been going through at home, and tell you his opinions. if you read some of the questions i've posted, they will give u some info too! its good to see you on Yahoo Answers again. i was starting to get worried when i didnt see any new questions from you! and school is AWFUL! Hope ur life is going better than mine, and i hope you'll never have to experience the things that i have!








*Emilee*

No comments:

Post a Comment