Thursday, July 29, 2010

I have no idea what to do with my life and I need advice?

Some people are lucky. And well, they know what they want to do, and are smart about accomplishing it. I, however, am not. I'm 21. I went to a college for two years then to a community college for a year, to save money. But I'm just taking random classes pretty much because I can't figure out what to do with my life. I thought about nursing school, culinary school, art school - I've thought about everything! But I just don't know if I'll be able to do it. What I need is advice.


Maybe a link to website that deals with this. Or some sort of career developer quiz.


I just don't know - I feel so lost!I have no idea what to do with my life and I need advice?
First of all, stop bashing yourself. You say you're not smart, not lucky, not able to do what you want, etc. The more you think like that, the more it will be true.





Stay in school and take your basic classes, then start interning or volunteering at various businesses and see what you like. Ask if you can spend a day with a nurse, with a chef, with a vet, etc. to see what the job is like.I have no idea what to do with my life and I need advice?
Hi, I'm 21 finishing up my A.A(one class that has held me back-algebra), and even though i have declared a major i'm still confused. I went to my career-counselor on campus to take interest assessments, skill assesment and another test. It was free(i'm cheap). I also took random classes I have like 20 hours of electives(marketing, crim, english, psych, etc.) What I would do is think about all the classes you took in h.s and college, what did you like to study, ask yourself why. Can you see yourself doing a career in that field? These questions helped me(along with prayer), declare my major as criminal justice with a poss. double major in psych. I also thought about nursing school but if it isn't a calling then you can burn out quickly and be ';fooling'; yourself. My mom studied to be a CNA, worked for 8 months and quit, she liked her job but didn't like the co-workers(long story there). Also if you can intern somewhere instead of hiring on to a job you think you would like(i hired on and hated it and quit).Princeton review.com has the most comprehensive free test I found and really puts everything in perspective. I wish you luck and blessings, its hard nowadays.
my son is 21 and has had surgery one his leg and he has decided to join the army----military is a thought---they have lots of choices===GOOD LUCK----
March right back into comm college and tell an advisor EXACTLY what you've told us!
Hi Mee,





I'm 49 and didn't really figure out what I wanted to do until I was 35 - you are not alone. Most people I know go thru this. Today, I'm a marketing executive at a high tech firm.





You are asking the right questions for sure. I had to write a paper in grad school on what I wanted to be when I grew up and it forced me to do a lot of thinking about life. This eventually led to what I like today - Business and Marketing.





A resource I used was a book called ';What Color is Your Parachute';.





Hang in there and my best advice is try a lot of different things til you find out what is good for you!
Don't think about the job, think about the subject. For example first find subjects you enjoy (math, psychology, English, Spanish) and THEN find some jobs for those degrees. Don't do it the other way around.
Does your college have any career development advisors that you can talk to?
Culinary, the world needs more good cooks.
I am an individual who aspires to be a writer...some would say I have no direction. Buit you...you are a person with multiple tasks that you can take on you can go at your life in many different ways. You seem interested in art as well as culinary. You can link the two and be content. You can live a fabulous life intergaging the two loves.





Go to a culinary art school and learn to formulate the artistic side of yourself into the culinary side of yourself.





I do not know if I have helped...if anything I have just rambled pure nonsense. Anywho...good luck. If anything you can live you life and just enjoy what comes your way and take every day as it comes and learn with every obstacle that passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment