Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Truly insane situation! Need some VERY last minute advice....you guys are life savers!!!!?

I was scheduled to have my reception at a wedding in san diego but the hotel just called me that they need to ';push'; my wedding later in the day because they had a scheduling conflict. so they want me to push back my reception 3 hours, (so all my guests would have to wait 4 hours after the wedding to go to the reception).





i found out the reason why they are pushing my time back is because ashlee simpson is considering their property for her wedding on the same day as mine and the publicity their hotel will get because of her is apparently huge, so they are fine having a dissatisfied bride.





the hotel will give me a full refund, (and it was in the contract that they could move times around if there were scheduling conflicts but they said they'd never had a problem before, so technically the contract won't help me)





i don't know what to do


should i push my reception time back? or should i just change my location completely and have my reception on the beach at a tennis club?Truly insane situation! Need some VERY last minute advice....you guys are life savers!!!!?
If you can change all the vendors with out having to pay more or any money and you can find a place you like for that day and time I would . But i would check out the options first some vendor's will charge you a location change fee because you are changing the contract. Now not all of them will but some will. But if they will push back the event just because a star want to do it there then it could be a larger problem because what happens if on that day she decides to stay longer? Then what happens to you? Good luck with all of it.Truly insane situation! Need some VERY last minute advice....you guys are life savers!!!!?
Change the location. You know how celebrities are about being wishy washy and you don't want your wedding reception to be iffy because Ashlee can't decide what she wants. Chances are, she'll leak a bunch of different locations to the press (yours included) to throw them off track and will get married somewhere else entirely.





I thought I read Ashlee wanted to get married in May, so good luck changing your venue!
I would say that you should change locations! They are out of line to do that even if it is in the contract because you are paying them a lot of money im sure and it is just not good business to put a star in front of you! That sends the wrong message to stars that all they have to do is say ';I want it and its theres';! I am sorry but if I were you I would find a different place!
Is the hotel catering? If they are not, then you may have a coinflict with your caterer. How soon will they know if Ms. Simpson will actually be using their hotel? I would not want to change everything to find out she decided to go elsewhere. I would not want my guests to wait 4 hours between ceremony and reception either.
You have a signed contract with the hotel. They need to explain to Ashley that the hotel is booked for that time and push her reception back 3 hours! I would contact an attorney for advice on this one.





Your other option is to push your ceremony back as well, i.e. make it later in the day as well so that your guests will not have to wait 4 hours for the reception.
I would change locations, but I would also post a bunch of comments all over the internet (bridal forums) about this hotel and it's tactics. If a hotel is willing to sacrifice their reputation for some Hollywood starlet, then you need to do as much damage as possible. Contact a couple of those gossip magazines and make a few bucks off the deal!!





Seriously, do a little damage and have a little fun!! But do change your venue, you should be treated better than this!





Best wishes!!!
Oh hell no. I'd raise a ruckus!!!


If they're already pushing you back, imagine what other details they're going to mis and overlook because they're busy with her.


I'd tell them NO I will not rearrange my wedding for some random woman, famous or not. She has enough money to deal with the situation on her own.


Or demand they throw in an open bar at THEIR cost as your guests are put out for three hours!
You can also ask if they can accomidate your guests in another area and comp you and your guests for an extended cocktail time. If they arent willing to budge or give back for your inconvinance then i would move it.





but i guess it all depends on how soon your wedding is...
I would say get your money back and switch locations. Even if you took the later reception time at that hotel, if someone famous is getting married there right before you- there will be a ton of people still lingering around when you're trying to have your big day. Good luck!
Hi. I would get a refund ASAP! Let's say you do push back your reception.....do you want to deal with all the press and publicity at your venue surrounding someone else (especially Ashlee Simpson?) Give me a break.





I would move it to a more calmer venue. The beach at the tennis club sounds great!
You should sue them... a contract is a contract if you paid already the day is yours.





Im sure if it was the other way around they would make you pay some fine or they would take some percent for cancelling... so its just not fair. Talk to a lawyer.





Everyone should be treated equally.
I'd change locations. Of course that will be super stressful too, but I wouldn't want to dish out a ton of money and support a place that would screw me around like that. Ashlee Simpson isn't that great of a musician anyway...





Best of luck!
I would probably drop the hotel altogether and have it somewhere else. That's not good business practices I don't care how much publicity they will get from it. I would look for an alternate location.
You should probably do what that other person said, then if that doesn' work, change your reception area...then your guests won't have to wait, and you'll be satisfied, too.
Start off by asking them for a significant price reduction for moving the time.....if you're willing to move it.


Warn them that you could still go elsewhere to obtain what YOU want.
After letting them know how very dissatisfied I was with the situation, i would look into changing locations. Depending on how soon it is, it may be too late.
you can't have guests waiting around 4 hours, that's nuts. they'll be starving and pissed at you, not a good combo. get your money back and go somewhere else.
I'd call the newspapers. E! and some other things. This si so insanely rude. You were first, thus your time She is the one that needs to change She has not even booked yet.


BTW Who is Ashlee Simpson? Another hollywood b*mbo?
I say you see if they will renegotiate the contract to give you an amazing deal if this is what they are going to do :)


It might give you leverage :)
maybe u could change the chuch time and move it up. or you can have a long 4 hour photo session with each guest!


If u dont want to wait, just change the location. Hurry!
Go to Simpson's website and


tell her your situation, maybe she


will find another venue!?
Move your wedding! If what you say is true, that hotel will be a nightmare with paparazzi.
Are you serious.... OMG thats crazy
Change it. f them
You could look for another venue...if it's convenient and available on that day, you may want to just change. Someone may have had a cancellation and will probably give you a good deal for booking it so close to the event. In the alternative, keep the event where it is but be sure that they compensate you somehow for the delay, i.e. give you a big discount. Also, I went to a wedding with a big gap between wedding and reception and they sent their guests a sightseeing suggestion slip in the mail so the guests could find somewhere local to go in between. Good luck.
Change venues - I wouldn't give them my money, and in CA, you're not talking a cheap venue either. Let this place suffer. Not only will they not get your money, but if A.S. does go there for her wedding, they'll be out more money because of all the comps, and cleaning they'll have to do.





I wouldn't put up with their B.S. It's not worth it. Have the reception on the beach! It'll be fun, not as formal, but I think more fun :)





Good luck, and Congratulation's!
  • cream tones
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment