Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I don't feel fulfilled in life, love or anything. I feel like I need a change. Any advice. I'm in 11th grade?

I have been thinking a lot about life lately and I just don't feel like anything is going my way. I feel happy and content when I'm doing something but when I get home I get deppressed and feel like I need a purpose. I dont know what to do. Help. I don't feel fulfilled in life, love or anything. I feel like I need a change. Any advice. I'm in 11th grade?
I know what thats like... just keep looking forward... and you have a purpose or you wouldnt be here... so just keep looking forward and don't look back... i would get all religious.. but i dont want to be pushy about that... but you have a well designed purpose... just stop looking for the things you can see and look for the things that are beyond that I don't feel fulfilled in life, love or anything. I feel like I need a change. Any advice. I'm in 11th grade?
You're in eleventh grade, right? Hun, listen - almost no one feels fulfilled when they're in high school. I know, because I was there once. The teenage years are difficult to say the least, and finding fulfillment can be very tough.





However, if you want to have some sort of ';purpose';, I'd suggest volunteering somewhere to help your community on a regular basis. It will make you feel very accomplished, knowing that you have done something to make a difference in your community, in someone else's life, and in your own life too. It will give you something to do in your free time too so you won't have that feeling of purposelessness.





If that isn't really your thing, try picking up a hobby that has to do with something you love very much. If you love music, pick up an instrument. If you love art, start painting, drawing, or even get into graphic design. If you love reading, then why not start writing yourself? I can't promise these things will make you feel as though you have a purpose, but it can help. Who knows? If you pick up a hobby, it may one day lead to a career that you'll love.





I hope this helped, and good luck! :)
No matter how old you are people ask this question. What's my purpose? It can get depressing if you don't have an action plan. Do you know what you want to do for a career? family life? even this weekend? Not knowing what you want from day to day is not okay. Make a list of what you truly want and the action steps you need to follow to get it and DO IT. Your getting depressed when your at home because you have time to think and reflect on these thoughts. Try volunteering to give you a sense of purpose and to keep your mind active.
relax and let life develop. your going to be board at times. just enjoy the simple things and be glad you haven't yet experienced a divorce, foreclosure, or dentures.
Hormones dude! Just hang a round for a while, it will get better. Your body is still adjusting.
I don't know if some of this is the answer you are looking for but it something I must share with you.


You are around 17yrs old and so many things in your life are about to change. When you graduate high school, most of the people you knew other than a very few will not be in your life at all.


There is college or a career to begin to think about. You don't need to decide now what you want to do in life but after high school you could take only the mandatory courses that will give you those credits until you do decide.


Everyone is happier when they are out and about doing something but learning to be ';with yourself' and even alone is not a bad lesson to learn as it will only make you stronger in life.


When you speak of purpose and that you feel unfulfilled, have you turned to God? If so, He will help you find your purpose and if not, you have that chance to find Him as he is always with you and waiting patiently.


You have no idea of just how busy life becomes where you don't even get a breather when you get older, get married, have children, and a career. The bills just keep coming and the kids can't raise themselves and don't come with an instruction book either.


I say you wait for marriage until you are at least 25 and have your career path set. You will feel more fulfilled down the road if you do so.


At your age I had left home at 16 to be with a ';man I loved'; and let the best years of my life; what I like to call ';the years of freedom'; just go by and not enjoy them as I should have.


I made terrible decisions and ended up working full time by 17. I can't say I didn't end up with a great career even though I didn't finish school but I missed those last few years of childhood which you are still in and should be enjoying.


Please stop taking everything so seriously and don't think you have to have a guy in your life to make you whole. There are so many guys and so much time.


Maybe you need to ask some tough questions of yourself on what you feel is lacking in your life and what would make you happy.


I hope this helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment